Gaia-X : EU’s most important aspiration in a generation : Challenges & First Achievements
mercredi 9 mars 2022 à 08:23
GAIA-X is aimed at building a federated, secure European data infrastructure. In just one year, the initiative has reached several important milestones in its effort to establish federated services for secure and reliable exchange of data between organisations. Join our online conference to learn more about the progress made so far and how you can get involved.
Following its launch in early 2021, the Luxembourg GAIA-X Regional Hub acts as a facilitator for Luxembourg organisations interested in joining the GAIA-X initiative. Together with the Cloud Community Europe-Luxembourg (CCEL), FEDIL, ICT-Luxembourg and Luxinnovation, the hub invites you to attend the conference GAIA-X : EU’s Most Important Aspiration In A Generation – Challenges & First Achievements.
International keynote speakers will provide insights into :
- Key GAIA-X achievements to date, in Luxembourg and internationally
- How federated services will be established to make it possible for several data owners to exchange data with a minimum of data transfers in a highly trusted environment
- Synergies between GAIA-X and other European data initiatives benefitting companies
- Luxembourg priorities and key contributions
Concrete GAIA-X projects will be presented through testimonials from the financial and automotive sectors. The programme will also include an exclusively female thought leadership panel not to be missed !
Preliminary Programme, Moderators : Vassilia Orfanou and Ralf Hustadt
16:00 – 16:15 Opening – Sasha Baillie, CEO Luxinnovation
16:15 – 16:30 Inspiring keynote address – Gaia-X : Disrupting the data space ecosystem
– Francesco Bonfiglio, CEO of Gaia-X Association
– Hubert Tardieu, Chairman Gaia-X Association
16:30 – 16:45 Gaia-X and Self Determination by Federation
– Andreas Weiss, Head of Digital Business Models and Member of the Gaia-X AISBL Technical Committee Federation Services / OSS
16:45 – 17:00 The European Landscape on the EU data economy
– Pierre Chastanet, Head of Unit – Cloud & Software, DG CONNECT, European Commission
17:00 – 17:15 Catena-X, a Gaia-X automotive user case
– Oliver Ganser, Head of Programme – Data Driven Value Chain at BMW Group & Head of Consortia Catena-X and Chairman of the Board Catena-X e.V.
17:15 – 17:30 Fintech TBD
17:30 – 17:45 Gaia-X from a national perspective
– Mario Grotz, Director General for Industry, Technology and Research at Ministry of Economy
17:45 – 18:15 Moderated Round Table – Vassilia Orfanou, CMO, Gaia-X Association
- Sasha Baillie, CEO Luxinnovation
- Antonietta Mastroianni, Chief Digital & IT Officer at Proximus
- Dr. Carole Bruckler, Head of Digital Health Technologies, Ministry of Economy
- Celine Tarraube, Adviser Digital and Innovation, FEDIL
18:15 – 18:30 Wrap up