The Luxembourg Red Cross, membre du Cercle de Coopération des ONGD, recrute !
lundi 12 mars 2018 à 20:49
A Shelter Delegate (m/f)
For the mission of the “Aide internationale de la Croix-Rouge luxembourgeoise A.S.B.L.” in Southern Africa (Madagascar) with a fixed-term contract of 24 months at 40h/week with the possibility of extension (ref : AN1803-00583)
The Shelter Manager’s job purpose comprises of three distinct elements :
- Provide leadership to project design and IFRC operations for the implementation of shelter and settlement related components of humanitarian and development projects in Indian Ocean Islands and Southern Africa.
- Support National Societies throughout the Indian Ocean Islands and Southern Africa in executing relevant shelter and settlement related projects and to building NS capacity for shelter and settlement activities for disaster preparedness, response and recovery programming.
- Represent the IFRC in Indian Ocean Islands and Southern Africa in its role as convener of the Inter-Agency Standing Committee (IASC) Global Shelter Cluster for disaster response and preparedness activities, if requested by line-managers.
- Bachelor degree or equivalent qualification in structural/civil engineering, architecture, construction management, project management or related field
- Shelter and settlement technical training within the humanitarian sector (IFRC)
- A minimum of five years shelter/housing or rehabilitation programming experience in the humanitarian and development sector, including site supervision and contract and/or project management.
- Experience in developing and implementing shelter or community infrastructure projects on behalf of development organizations
- Familiarity with current standards and guidelines for humanitarian emergency response, in particular Sphere
- Experience managing budgets
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office applications
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership, problem-solving and communication skills
- Fluency in English and French, Spanish or Arabic would be an asset
Please send your application via our career-website www.croix-rouge.lu/recrutement
In case of recruitment, we will ask you to send us a copy of your criminal record.