Social Specialist Experienced Consultant (m/f) European Institutions Desk – ASAP
Grant Thornton Luxembourg recrute !
Working place : Company office, client offices, homeworking, satellite offices
Contract type : Fixed Term contract (18 months, renewal possibility).
Location : Luxembourg Hamm / Client offices
Ready to start your next challenge ?
Grant Thornton Luxembourg is currently seeking a Social Specialist Consultant – (m/f) to join our European Institutions Desk and to start ASAP.
Working at Grant Thornton Luxembourg is an efficient opportunity to develop your potential within human-sized team in the heart of a multicultural and international growing group while respecting your work / life balance.
For us, you are a strength, your experience is a real added-value and places you as a key element in the realisation of our EU Desk department ambitions.
The social specialist will assist one of our European Institutions clients in matters related to the assessment of social/environmental complaints.
The social specialist will be responsible of (but not limited to) :
- Undertake social/environment research, and analysis ;
- Be responsible of case and file review, as well as for report drafting, under the supervision of our client ;
- Engage several stakeholders, coordinate meetings and draft recommendations and conclusions reports.
- Bachelor degree (or Master) in social sciences, law, environment, development or political science ;
- From 3 to 10 years of relevant and ongoing work experience in a relevant field including social sciences, law, environment, or development ;
- Fluent in French and English (any other EU language is considered an asset) ;
- Professional experience in relevant fields, in particular : environmental and social impact assessments (ESIA) and/or due diligence of projects financed by International Financial Institutions (IFI) ;
- Experience or knowledge in working with social issues covered by IFI Environmental and Social Standards in one or more of the following areas : stakeholder engagement, grievance mechanisms, labour conditions, involuntary resettlement, Indigenous Peoples and community health and safety ;
- Work on environmental and social sustainability in the context of international finance and areas of sectoral focus for EU Institutions (e.g. energy, transport, waste and wastewater management, urban development, agribusiness, project finance, etc.) ;
- Capacity to engage with a range of stakeholders including private sector, government, NGOs, and project affected communities ;
- Knowledge of EU Institutions’ and/or other IFIs environmental and (in particular) social policies and standards ;
- Demonstrated ability to analyse policies and practices in complex institutional contexts ;
- Excellent analytical and research skills ;
- Excellent written/oral communication and interpersonal skills.
Please send your resume with the reference Social Specialist Consultant (m/f) by email at email@example.com.
- HR interview with our Talent team ;
- Technical interview with Manager(s) or Partner(s) of the team.
Grant Thornton Information
Grant Thornton is a collaborative, entrepreneurial firm on the move ! As part of a dynamic, global organisation of more than 68,000 people serving clients in more than 147 countries, we have the agility and focus it takes to be a leader.
Here in Luxembourg, 330 professional staff and 24 partners are offering high-quality assurance, tax and advisory services to clients that range from private individuals to corporations, banks and public institutions.
5 reasons to join us
1. Work-life balance (additional holidays, flexibility, satellite offices, parking possibility) ;
2. Interesting Benefits (annual discretionary bonus, trainings/certifications, lunch voucher, pension plan, talent referral reward program, internal mobility program) ;
3. Proximity management in agreement with our CLEARR values ;
4. Integration follow-up to ensure yours & career development opportunity (on-demand feedback, mid-year and annual performance review) ;
5. Company life (events, afterworks, teambuilding, sport events) & engagements (Corporate Social Responsibility, Human Rights, Diversity & Inclusion) ;
6. You are the one that we are looking for !
All applications will be treated as strictly confidential.
All personal data that will be collected from candidates as part of the recruitment process, will be processed in compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (Regulation (EU) 2016/679), (Enforcement date : 25 May 2018). This among others means that they will only be processed based on one of the possible legal basis (as per Art. 6 of the GDPR), be it with the candidates’ consent or on the basis of an employment contract. This also means that personal data will not be retained for more than required by the GDPR or by applicable Luxembourg laws i.e. beyond completion of the recruitment process.
For more information, we encourage you to read our Privacy Notice at www.grantthornton.lu. If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.