Manager Aviation Safety (m/f)
Cargolux recrute !
- Responsible for and managing the investigation team (Flight Ops, Ground Ops, Maintenance & Engineering, Fatigue and FDM)
- Be the direct contact between the Aviation Safety Department and the Nominated Persons.
- Act as point of contact and responsible coordinator between the Aviation Safety Department Risk Management and Flight Operations process owners for safety-related Risk Management processes.
- Chair the various Safety Action Groups (Flight Ops, Ground Ops, Maintenance & Engineering, and fatigue)
- Assist with the investigation of various occurrences (Flight, Ground, Maintenance & Engineering)
- Research, review, and evaluation of external source materials to monitor safety concerns in the aviation industry and their possible impact on the operation
- Coordinate the regulatory authority’s Mandatory Occurrence Reporting requirements
- Maintain liaison with manufacturers, customer safety departments, government regulatory bodies and other flight safety organizations worldwide
- Allocate and coordinate Safety investigations amongst the different safety investigators
- Support in the oversight of the Safety reporting Database
- Issue safety recommendations from investigations to the organization to reduce the probability of reoccurrence and consequences of safety occurrences
- Support the monitoring of corrective actions and safety trends through SPI data
- Support the Sub-departments of the Aviation Safety Department in producing safety-related information and provide periodic reports on the organization’s safety performance
- Initiate safety promotion campaigns where needed.
- Set-up standard procedures to analyze safety reports and to conduct investigations
- Coordinate training for safety investigators
- Review SMS training provided internally and adapt where needed
- Deputize for the VP Safety & Compliance Monitoring during his absence for safety related tasks and/or for specific projects
- Support the VP Safety & Compliance Monitoring in coordination of tasks of the Aviation Safety Department.
Essential requirements for the position
- At least 5 years’ experience in Safety Management
- Experience in leading a team
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Aviation Safety, Aviation Management, Risk Management or equivalent
- Previous B747, B777 or other heavy airplane type operational experience as flight crew member is preferable
- Previous experience in a Cargo Airline is of advantage
- Accident / Incident Investigator qualification is of advantage
- Understanding of human factors principles in aviation
Skills & Competencies
- Detail conscious
- Ability for analytical thinking and problem-solving
- Ability to Manage People
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English at all levels
- Ability to work independently or in groups and under pressure
- Ability to relate to and communicate with all levels, both inside and outside of the organization
- Inquisitive and a good listener
- Ability to maintain impartiality
- Excellent Presentation Skills
- Proficient in the use of the Microsoft Office Suite
- Inspirational team leader and effective team player
- Ability to work creatively, highly organized and apply defined systems of work
- Dedicated to promoting a positive image of the organization
- Be willing to undertake any training necessary to keep on top of current employment legislation
- Office position based in Luxembourg (not a flying position)
- Occasional travel required within the entire Cargolux network
- A Certificate of good conduct (Casier judiciaire, Polizeiliches Führungszeugnis) will be required in case of positive selection.
Lien pour postuler : cliquez ici