LIST recrute !
mardi 10 mars 2020 à 16:45
Valorisation & transfer officer (m/f)
REFERENCE : LIST-CORP-2020-016
The Valorisation and Transfer Officer (VT) integrates an interdisciplinary team that supports the research departments to optimize and protect their intellectual property assets. The VT Officer will contribute to the identification, protection, management and commercialisation of intellectual property assets (technologies) arising from the “Environment Research and Innovation” RDI department (ERIN). The successful candidate will join the Valorisation and Transfer Officers team of LIST.
While collaborating closely with the ERIN research community, the VT Officer will naturally also interact with the ERIN Partnership Officers, with the IP legal advisors, as well as with other Departments for transversal tasks and with administrative offices at the corporate level.
The Valorisation and Transfer Officer will contribute to the identification and protection of intellectual property assets arising from ERIN. She/he will also take a lead role in commercialising the IT assets through licensing and/or the creation of spin-off companies.
The successful candidate will have experience and domain expertise in both ICT and environmental technologies such as energy systems, remote sensing, earth observation, life-cycle analysis and artificial intelligence. He will be responsible in particular of IT assets such as algorithm, models and software.
Principal duties and responsibilities :
- Implement strategies of protection (patent, trademark,…) of specific IP assets in order to build attractiveness for future external partners and facilitate industrial collaborative scheme
- In close collaboration with the research teams, identify intellectual property arising from the RDI research projects and ensure the application of the IP protection strategies
- Evaluate intellectual property assets and advice management for protection and/or commercial viability.
- Build market knowledge and a high level of understanding of relevant market sectors ;
- Implement commercial strategies including technology marketing (national and international), licensing strategy, promoting entrepreneurship, advising promoters of potential spin-offs ;
- Promoting awareness of the importance of IP and industrial collaboration.
- Master’s degree in Computer Science / Engineering or in a relevant scientific or technological domain, A PhD or a MBA is desirable but not mandatory
- Significant experience in knowledge transfer within the academic and/or industrial environment.
- Expertise in terms of IP protection
- Expertise in Software licensing (especially Open-sourced licenses)
- Expertise in Software quality evaluation
- Proven organizational and interdisciplinary thinking skills
- Self-starter, creative and team player
- Significant experience (5 years minimum) working within the intellectual property field, (software, open source licensing schemes, patent law), preferably in environmental engineering.
- Proficiency in English both spoken and written is mandatory, proficiency of at least one of the official languages of the country is an asset (French, German or Luxembourgish).
More information : https://www.list.lu/en/jobs/adminis...